Barry’s Bootcamp Singapore complies with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (Singapore) (“PDPA”) and is committed to protecting your privacy and any information we collect. This policy explains how we may collect, use, disclose and otherwise handle personal and sensitive information.
Barry’s Bootcamp Singapore is committed to safeguarding personal privacy. It recognises that individuals have a right to control how their personal information is collected and used. Providing personal information is an act of trust and it is taken seriously. Unless given consent to do otherwise, Barry’s Bootcamp Singapore will only collect and use personal information as set out below.
In this document:
“Client” means an individual who has contacted us through any means to find out more about any services we provide, or may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any services by us; and
“Personal Data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified from that data; or that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
Depending on the manner in which you interact with us, we may collect the following Personal Data from you:
- name, age, gender, date of birth, NRIC number & next of kin;
- health information (height, weight, medical conditions);
- health and fitness goals;
- license and banking details;
- contact details (including phone, fax and e-mail);
- views and opinions; and
- responses to forms and surveys (if any).
We generally do not collect your Personal Data unless:
- you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and
- you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your Personal Data for those purposes, or
- it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your Personal Data to us (your “authorised representative”) after:
- collection and use of Personal Data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional Personal Data and before using your Personal Data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
We collect Personal Data:
- by email;
- over the telephone (including calls and SMS);
- via social media and over the intranet (including surveys);
- by written correspondence (such as letters, faxes);
- on hard copy forms (including Pre-Exercise Questionnaire, registration forms, competition entry forms and surveys);
- in person; or
- through our website (online purchases, web form submission or participation in a live chat);
- electronic systems such as applications and use of the studio access card; and
- through our security surveillance cameras.
- we may collect information from third parties including:
- your trainer;
- your employer with whom we have negotiated a corporate partnership;
- market researchers & direct marketing providers;
- parents or guardians of underage Clients; and
- a current client (refer a friend).
- We only collect Personal Data where we consider it to be reasonably necessary for our services, functions and activities.
- we may collect and use your Personal Data for any or all of the following purposes:
- processing and managing membership and applications;
- facilitating Clients & casual Clients gym access;
- managing your relationship with us;
- Conducting research or marketing activities (including sending you marketing information about our services, notifying you of our marketing events, initiatives and promotions, lucky draws, membership and rewards schemes and other promotions or special offers;
- accurately identifying who is using our services;
- communicating with Clients, franchisees & website visitors to our website and online enquiries;
- responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
- profiling our Clients & their interests;
- Operating our business; and / or
- transferring memberships between studios as per our transfer policy.
- processing payment or credit transactions;
- any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
- complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
- transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; and
- any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
- If we collect personal information for a purpose listed above (the “primary purpose”), we will not use or disclose the information for any other purpose (the “secondary purpose”) unless:
- you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose your information for the secondary purpose and the secondary purpose is directly related to the primary purpose;
- use or disclosure is required or authorised under Singapore law or a court/tribunal;
- we reasonably believes that the use or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary for one or more enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body.
- you would have consented to the use or disclosure of your personal information; or
- in relation to the use or disclosure of your personal information:
- If we use or disclose your information because we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure of your information is reasonably necessary for one or more enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body, we will make a written note of the use or disclosure.
You can refuse to provide personal information. However, a refusal may mean that the service you requested is not provided or membership will be refused or forfeited.
If you are on the Do Not Call Registry you will not be contacted by Barry’s Bootcamp Singapore.
We can use your Personal Data to:
- process applications for memberships;
- understand our Clients’ needs and requirements;
- manage & run our website & social media platforms;
- providing you with information about our services or special offers;
- delivering or enhancing our products and services;
- help us maximise the benefits provided to our Clients;
- any other purpose directly related to our business and for which you have provided consent (where it is reasonably required by law).
We will collect data relating to any transactions you carry out through our website and the fulfilment of your order. We may also use your data to monitor for any unauthorised use of our website, content or subscriptions to our services.
We will disclose your Personal Data to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in clause 5.1 above for us.
The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
- to improve your user experience on this website;
- to remember your preferences;
- help us understand how this website is performing;
- monitor traffic to the website;
- enable this website to function properly;
Personal Data (if any) that we collect from you through cookies may be passed to our third party service providers, whether located in Singapore or elsewhere, for one or more of the purposes described at clause 6.2 above, for managing and/or administering our website, or for the purpose of data hosting/storage/backup.
We generally rely on Personal Data provided by you (or your authorised representative).
In order to ensure that your Personal Data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your Personal Data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
Individuals have the right to review, amend or delete personal and/or sensitive Information that may be recorded on the Barry’s Bootcamp Singapore database. Information may be reviewed, amended or deleted by emailing us at [email protected]
A request may be made to delete personal and/or sensitive information, and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons.
Deletion of information may result in Barry’s Bootcamp Singapore being unable to sell products directly and/or provide certain services including after sales services.
If Barry’s Bootcamp Singapore refuses your request to access personal information, Barry’s Bootcamp Singapore will provide a written notice setting out the reasons for the refusal and how you can complain about the refusal. Barry’s Bootcamp Singapore may refuse such a request in the following circumstances:
- poses a serious threat to the life, health or safety;
- would have unreasonable impact on privacy of others;
- is frivolous or vexatious;
- relates to legal proceedings;
- reveals Barry’s Bootcamp Singapore‘s intentions or prejudice any negotiations;
- would be unlawful;
- is required or authorised by law or court/tribunal order;
- is likely to prejudice enforcement related activities; or
- relates to a commercially sensitive decision process.
To safeguard your Personal Data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption and the use of privacy filters to secure all storage and transmission of Personal Data by us, and disclosing Personal Data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
We may retain your Personal Data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
We will cease to retain your Personal Data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the Personal Data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
We may transfer your Personal Data to countries outside of Singapore where our related entities are located, including Australia and New Zealand. However if we wish to transfer your Personal Data to countries not listed in this clause, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your Personal Data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our Personal Data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, complaint or grievance in the following manner:
Address: 18 Robinson Road #03-03 Singapore 048547
Email: [email protected]
Where it is an email or a letter through which you are submitting a request, complaint or your indication at the subject header that it is a PDPA complaint would assist us in attending to your complaint speedily by passing it on to the relevant staff in our organisation to handle. For example, you could insert the subject header as “PDPA Complaint”.