Put simply, the Studio Manager is the heart of our business! This key role is accountable for the day-to-day operations of the studio, maintaining the overall experience for clients, as well as supervising the team, and ensuring multiple departments run smoothly. The Studio Manager ensures all the pieces are accounted for and connected, and also work in partnership with other managers as well as the corporate team, to ensure consistency and targets are met. The Studio Manager is also the primary driver of the local community and corporate marketing for the studio. Our ideal candidate will possess exceptional customer service and communication skills, thrive in a team-oriented environment and have an infectious passion (even obsession - we get it!) for fitness.
Sales and Retail Management
- Drive sales for classes and memberships in studio, to assist in hitting attendance goals and targets monthly.
- Work with retail department daily and lead direct selling to clients in studio in service of weekly/monthly goals. Work with merchandising team to keep all displays updated.
- Work with Community Marketing team on cultivating new clients and opportunities specific to the neighborhood and demographic of the studio.
- Work with Leadership Team to assist with implementing marketing strategies.
- Analyse attendance at the studio and region level weekly, and bring any insights and suggestions to the Management, Marketing, or Curriculum team.
- Additional as detailed in the Community & Corporate Marketing requirements (secondary role)
- Supervise front desk employees engaging in product and retail sales, customer service needs, inventory, and other special projects.
- Assist front desk employees with difficult or complicated transactions.
- Manage and assign employees to any special projects that arise.
- Assist scheduling manager as needed with coordinating facility schedules to maximize usage and efficiency.
- Communicate with management and P&C team any relevant staff issues and partner with them to resolve.
- Work with management and P&C team on any unmet staffing needs, and help interview candidates.
- Assist with training new front desk employees.
Customer Experience Management
- Provide exceptional customer service, and be the best of the Barry’s brand, in greeting and assisting customers, responding to customer inquiries, and resolving any complaints.
- Work with the other management members on any difficult client needs or issues.
- Assist clients with their class schedules in studio, and across studios if needed.
- Assist with any private or special events happening at the studio.
- Manage and maintain a list of best clients and retail clients in the studio.
- Communicate any studio maintenance or construction needs interfering with client experience to Management and help oversee proper and prompt fixing.
- Manage studio accounting needs, including recording daily petty cash flow, and preparing bank deposits.
- Assist with inventory stock and reorder of inventory when it drops to a specified level.
Local Marketing Management
- Develop and prioritise community marketing efforts for management approval.
- Execute approved marketing efforts and analyse for ROI and lessons learnt development.
- Support / manage the Studio Social Media accounts, platforms and activities.
- Management and oversight of all special events, including pop-ups and outside-of-studio events.
- Book charity classes.
- Plan and market two (2) themed classes monthly.
- Observe attendance trends to develop classes and analyze the results of theme classes and overall attendance.
- Implement national campaigns & tools locally.
- Responsible for tailoring these campaigns to the local market.
- Responsible preparing and supporting Studio Staff and instructors for marketing activities.
- Conduct after action reviews on local campaigns and activities to evaluate and support future campaigns.
- Responsible for coaching studio managers in solving studio marketing issues and executing studio-level promotions.
- Report on success of local and national campaigns.
- Create content for review and submit by the 5th of every month.
- Create local event calendar and determine Barry’s level of involvement in any community events across your local area.
- Oversee Studio special events and theme classes (decorate; promote).
- Oversee the Execution of business driving and community-building studio-level promotions.
- Email communications for local events/specials/news etc.
- Responsible for the development and review of the Studio community and corporate marketing budget, in collaboration with and approval from senior management.
- In collaboration with Senior Management and Communications Agency/s - Identify, book, gift influencers and VIPs.
- Track and maintain relationships.
- Identify potential partnerships with influencers and VIPs under the direction of Senior Management and Communications Agency/s.
- Maintain record of all gifted items and classes.
Social Media Community Management
- Concept local Facebook social media storylines incorporating Instructors, current retail collection and relevant cultural conversation.
- Work with Senior Management and Communications Agency/s to ensure that social media duties are being executed to standard.
- Create and distribute local Instructor social media kits for monthly postings.
- Work with Senior Management and Communications Agency/s to post to local Facebook, both business driving and community posts and monitor page, gathering content from your Studio and Community.
- Organise occasional Snapchat and Instagram takeovers spotlighting the studios and Instructors on National social media handles.
Community Partnerships Management
- Identify potential partners for Studio social activities.
- Support the planning and execution of Studio social activities.
- Track contact information of community partners and relationships.
- Identify engagements or opportunities in-market to establish Barry’s as a leader in the fitness industry i.e. conferences, panels, workshops or brand summits under the direction of senior management.
- Identify lifestyle partnership opportunities to further establish Barry’s as a premium lifestyle brand under the direction of senior management..
- Screen and process inbound charity requests for donations for senior management consideration & approval.
- Identify and tier community partners (restaurants, residential buildings, hotels, shared work spaces, universities/schools, etc) in the area for outreach.
- Oversee the organisation and execution of community days with corporate and community partners.
- Contribute to national social media for events.
- Document in-studio events via photos, videos, etc.
- Oversee the gathering of studio-specific social content.
- Oversee the monitoring of local Yelp page/ answering questions and concerns.
- Identify potential corporate groups for studio utilisation / class attendance.
- Follow up with corporate groups and maintain local relationship.
- Continue to leverage studio/ client contacts to identify and develop relationships.
- Facilitate ‘Studio buy-outs’ as applicable.
- Create monthly reports highlighting efforts and analysing new and existing partnerships.
The ‘must have’ list:
- 2+ years experience in a team leader or supervisory role
- Current First Aid and CPR certificates
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Excellent organisational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Knowledge of industry legal rules and guidelines
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Familiarity with Google for Work Suite and various business software (e.g. ERP, CRM)
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in problem solving and able to work proactively within a team environment to meet established business and role objectives.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Positive outlook and attitude
- Belief that outstanding customer service is the key to success
- Passion for health and fitness
- Willingness to undertake personal and professional development.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and indicate the position you are applying for to: [email protected]